Thursday, February 16, 2006

Since the break up..

The air in the flat is filled with nostalgia(I keep thinking that if I oen all the windows it’ll go away). Although it’s all mine all along the place feels like it’s lost something.  Everything seems much darker, much quieter and a bit lonelier (is that a word?).  My bed now feels like it’s the size of the Atlantic Ocean, so I sleep on the couch.  Her clothes (what’s left of them) still neatly folder in her drawer, her toothbrush along with her hair pins still on the sink ready to be used any minute.   There’s constant depressing music playing in the background, although I’m quite sure it’s all in my head.


I’ve been keeping to myself.  I really don’t want to answer the “How”, “what”, “when” and most importantly the “why”.  It was good, it was great, It ended.  The End.  This time around I’ve avoided doing the formerly mandatory post-break binge drinking and binge hooking up. Why?  I’m not really sure.  Just didn’t feel right.


Despite all this sadness and loneliness,  somewhere deep inside I know everything is going to work fine because life is back to being the threesome that god always intended it to be:  Man, the gym & ESPN.

No comments: