Friday, December 15, 2006

Sports GuyIf you’ve been reading my blog for while, you know I have a rocky relationship with the Sports Guy of ESPN. I think he’s overrated, over hyped, and his wife, the sports Gal, might actually be funnier than him. For all the moronic things he says, his addiction to Vegas, and his outright refusal to write intelligently about soccer (MLS, EPL, La Liga…. Pick a league), he surprises me every so often with a good article. This week he wrote about the impending trade of A.I. of the Sixers. In his article he actually defends and praises Iverson, something that 99% of sports columnists have failed to do, even though Iverson is arguably the most ferocious guy playing the game right now. His article received an insane amount of responses thanking him for writing the article. I would go as far as calling him the only voice of sanity in sports (which someone did), but I will give him credit for not following to the trend of other sorry sports writers. So I will resume reading his articles (and suggest that you do the same) till he pisses me off or says something stupid about soccer.

No comments: