Friday, March 13, 2009

What I hope to get from SXSW

sxsw09This weekend I got the great opportunity to attend South by Southwest.  I'm   very excited about  since it's my first time attending.  Given this opportunity,  I want to put my down my goals for this weekend on "paper".  They are as follow: 


  • First and foremost I am here to learn.  There are great panels assembled  here and it would be a shame to walk away without learning anything.  I'm going to focus my attention around social media marketing, social media & non-profits/ advocacy and social media and politics.

  • Second I want to network with people of similar interests.  It never hurts to expand your professional network especially to include folks that working on stuff that you are interested in.

  • Lastly I hope to reconnect with some acquaintances that I don't see often for various reasons.  As important as growing your network is, nuturing your current network is that just as important.


That being said, I also plan to have tons of fun (as much as one can have a much 48 hrs). And I must not forget to watch Manchester United v Liverpool and write my final paper.   This should be one hell of a weekend.


Tags: , ,


2 comments:

Roar Savage said...

Are you gone for good, Ghetto Dev? I'm coming back to the blogosphere, and looking for all the old peeps.

ghettodev said...

Welcome back. Mostly posting at at http://www.makembe.com and localpolitechs.com. Though I think i will continue cross posting here.