Thursday, January 18, 2007

2007 Goals

Every year  I like to set goals and and go back at the end of the year and see how I have done.  I believe the more concrete your goals, the more achievable they are. I  think most people fail to achieve their goals for several different reasons.  1. They set too many goals, 2. They set unrealistic goals, and 3. They have no tangible way to measure them.  Before I go on further on a tangent about setting goals, here for my goals for the this year.

  1.  Start a Grad degree program or Take the LSATs - Although an undergrad was a great achievement, in today's job market that is not nearly enough if you're looking to move up the  ladder or make a career switcchange.
  2. Volunteer 100 hours - I follow politics and I always complain that politicians don't do enough to help people at in our society that find themselves in difficult situations.  But When asked what I have done lately for that same segment of population, I'm find myself not saying much.  So this year I will change that.
  3. Read 6 books - I really like this goal from last year because it drove me to read more last year.  Half these books will be in french.  And One of the book will be in the History and or the current situation in the Middle east.
  4. Increase my Net worth by 25% - This really means paying that my school loans.
  5. Visit 5 new places/Visit friends in other cities - As much as I like DC, it's good to travel and visit new places.
  6. Reconnect with my family abroad - Time to grow up. This is probably my most challenging goal for next year.
  7. Create 2 Commercials Websites/Freelance More - This is something I failed at last year but I'm going got to give it another try.  I feel like this is the only way I get to stay on top of the latest technology and the latest tricks in the world of programming.
  8. Be better a friend - This year it was brought up to my attention that they are are few things I could work on that would make a me a better friend and a better person in general. Although, this is kind of vague goal it's still something I should work on.
  9. Not to buy a bigger TV - Resisting the temptation.  With everyone buying a bigger better TV, this one is going to be hard.  Especially when it's in my face a everywhere.  But in the name of being more financially responsible, I will forgo buying a new TV.
  10. Monthly update on my goals on here - I tried this last year but wasn't successful.  So I'm going to give it a go again.

Wish me luck.  I will update you at the end of February to let know you know how I'm doing.

No comments: