Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2k6 Yearly Goals Reviewed

The good thing about having a blog is that I can always go back and look at goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year and see how I've have faired.  Ideally I would look at them throughout the year and gage as my progress.  But the world isn't ideal ... so too bad.


1.  Go the doctors/dentist .  I visited the doctor, got through physical therapy for my knee and went to the dentist twice and even got one tooth pulled... Not a fan of that.

2.  Go on 4/5 Vacations.  This year was very exciting in terms of travel.  I wish I would have done bit more but I did enough.  I went Philly, OBX for a week, and California for a week.  I didn't get any international trips done though, which was a bit disappointing. 

3.  Get my U.S. citizenship (Started).  I have applied for my citizenship and currently awaiting to hear back from DHS. 
  
4.  Become more financially savvy - I have a better understanding of personal finance.  Although I'm not where i would like to be financially i think I've made great strides in personal finance and I have put in place to have do even better the upcoming year (barring any huge emergencies)

5.  Consolidate my web presence/revamp Makembe.com (somewhat completed) -  I redid the website.  As for the first part of that, now that i reread this I don't even know that this is possible.  I basically don't like the fact that by paying $99 to some random company on the web you can find out alot of me.  It really bothers me.  But the HP case has brought more light to some of the illegal ways people can obtain information about you whether you like it or not  and whether or not it's accurate.  I hope this issue is not forgotten.

6.  Read 6 books (half done) --  I read four books this year.  Middlesex, The dreams of our father, Time's  Traveler's Wife and some random book that was so bad  that i don't even remember the title

7.  Build Two Commercial Website (failed) -- I completely failed at this. Hence the portfolio part of my website is still not up.

8.  Be more organized -- I don't really know how to judge this. But the simple fact that I've paid all my bills on time is a testament that I'm better at keeping track of things. But now I don't get any more mail.... booo.

9.  Gain 10lbs (Failed) -  Brady Quinn is still bigger than me.

10.  Make a 5 yr plan (Started).  Basically the market forces me to go back to school. My goal to have obtain two more degrees before the age for 30 (They say it's the new 20 so i have some time to party after that).  A JD being one of them.  The other would be a Master in Business Administration (preferably with an International Component) and or a Master's in Public Policy or Government

Overall I think i fared well.   For 2k7, i will have more concise goals that build on the ones that I have accomplished this year.

No comments: