Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time to refocus

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  I went up to New Hampshire to celebrate the holiday with the gf and her family.  Needless to say it was freezing.  Beside that, I had very pleasant experience.  It was def to refreshing to be out of the city and not check my email on a hourly basis even if I have a blackberry.  The holiday was full of cooking, eating and conversation.  The highlight of the trip was by far learning how to play chess.  Despite my abysmal record of 2 and 15, I still think I'm hot issh for learning how to play.

Being in NH for the last couple of days, made me realized that I've spread myself to thin and I lost focus on what I want to do and what's important.  I enjoy being busy and having a lot to do and being constantly on the go.  However, I've come to the realization that it's not really leading me anywhere fast.  So I will take the remainder of the year to close up and a couple of outstanding projects on focus most, if not all, my energy on breaking in the public policy field while staying financially afloat and Class.  Web Dev has been great and I learned a lot from many people.  In reality, I will not be completely out of Web Dev for while.  Since entry level jobs in public policy don't pay much,  I will probably continue to do work on freelance basis.  That being said, short of starting my own company, I've lost the interest to do it full time for an extended period of time.  I enjoy  being a geek on  my own time much more than in an office.  It's time to commit more time and energy to  my other passion, politics.  Wish me luck.

No comments: