Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Goals Reviewed...

At the end of every year, I like to go back and look at the goals set for myself at the beginning of the year and see how I did. In 2007 I set 10 goals for myself and I think I can do pretty well.

  1. Start a Grad degree program or Take the LSATs - I accomplished this goal.  I enrolled at UMUC's MBA program.  So far the program has been very interesting and I've learned a lot. 
  2. Volunteer 100 hours - This goal is  a bit hard to quantify.  The girl and I volunteered at WAMU's spring fundraiser early in the year.  Since then I've done tons for pro-bono work for Future Leaders for America and new start up non-profit named "Be The Change" headed by the founder of City Year.
  3. Read 6 books - I only partially accomplished this goal.  I read To Kill a Mocking Bird, Kite Runner, Between Worlds The Making of an American Life and currently finishing All the President's Men.  I also read multiple books for class, but those don't count towards this goal. Unfortunately, I did not read any books in French
  4. Increase my Net worth by 25% - I don't know that my net worth increased by 25% since I did not do a good job  keeping track on my finances this year.  However, my school loans and car loan significantly decreased.
  5. Visit 5 new places/Visit friends in other cities - I went to San Diego,CA, Woodstock, NY and Nashua, NH. I also went camping but I did sleep in the car.  Nothing exciting but a good break from the city.
  6. Reconnect with my family abroad - Thanks to Skype, I made great progress on this goal.   That's being said, there is still a lot left to do.
  7. Create 2 Commercials Websites/Freelance More - I did some freelancing this year.  However,  most of it related to the pro-bono work that I mentioned in goal # 2. 
  8. Be better a friend - You win some, you lose some.  Made new friends and lost touch with some old friends, but overall I feel good about the friends that I've made and the one's I have been able to keep in touch with.
  9. Not to buy a bigger TV - Yeap, we still own a 27" TV.  But at least it's HD.
  10. Monthly update on my goals on [my blog] - I completely failed at this.  No more comments needed.

Overall I feel good about the way 2007 went down.  Things weren't always easy or pleasant, but I feel that I held my own and I've grown stronger and wiser for it.

No comments: