Thursday, January 03, 2008

Pro-bloggers should be more professional

Over the years the number of blogs I read on a regular basis has increased. However, the quality of the posts and the quality of the writing has remained stagnant.  Why is that?  I don't  have the answer.  If I did, I'd write a book and try to get deal for it.  Maybe it's just me but I think that if you're going to call yourself a professional blogger your writing and your research should be at the level of a professional.  Over the last two days, I've watched an interview on a profession tech blog where the interviewer was irritating. I'm not going to link to it because it's a new venture and I've the pleasure to meet the gentleman who is behind it.  Nice guy.  His niceness aside, his interviews are terrible.  On the ones that I've watched the questions were similar to that of five-year old interviewing his/her parents for a school project.  What made the recent interview even more unbearable to watch was the fact that interviewer kept interrupting the interviewee and made "huh-uh" noise after every sentence.  Now to be fair to him, he is not the only guilty of crappy interviewing of the web.  There are many more out there.   I wouldn't have such a problem with this if these people would refer to themselves as amateur bloggers as opposed to professional bloggers. To all who claim to be professional bloggers; please take a writing class, an interview class and a research class.  Calling yourself a professional requires more than the ability to copy and paste from a site larger than yours (with or without two lines of your own) or post low qualities videos and call them interviews.  To put out such crappy work, undermines your blog and insults your readership.  Then again it's  very possible that I have a twisted definition of  the word "professional."

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: