Monday, December 08, 2008

Thank You

Thank You The past week was a crazy one; the end of another semester and the start of a new gig.  Now that life has calmed down a bit, I wanted to take a second to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me during my job search. My job search ended late last month when I accepted an offer for the position of Web Strategist at DCI Group, where I will be helping our clients navigate through the social media interweb.   In these tough economic times, I was lucky enough to received multiple offers.  However, I would be lying if I said I did all the work that got me these offers. In fact it was quite the opposite. During my search, a number of people graciously volunteer their time to proofread my resume and cover letters, help make video resumes, offer career advice, make introductions on my behalf,be a reference, and pass my resume along. Between writing cover letters and submitting my resume for various position, I attended a number of social media/technology events around town where I met an incredible number of nice and smart folks using the web to bring attention to some great causes.  I will work to keep in touch with as many of them as possible.  But more importantly, I hope to work with some of them (in pro-bono capacity, of course) on some of the projects that they are currently undertaking.

The entire job search experience was very humbling and I'm very grateful for all the help I received.  Again Thank you.

 

Image by d0ntblink

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments: