Thursday, January 05, 2006

2k6 Resulotions

Now that 2k5 is officially over (with the loss of USC to Texas in the rose bowl a.k.a the Vince Young Show -- although LenDale White didn't get the memo. ), I suppose it is time to move on and look forward to the new year.  I've been thinking about my goal for this year and here they are.

1.  Go the doctors/dentist -- after a two year hiatus from doctor's office I think it's time to go back.  If there is one thing I learned last year it that, just because you're healthy doesn't mean there is nothing wrong internally.
- Jan 30th:  I've been to dentist, orthopedist and physician and got all sorts of task done. I need to go back to the dentist one more time before i can be done with tihs call.
2.  Go on 4/5 Vacations -- After spending most of last year in the office, I got a ridiculous amount of vacation time for this year.  I actually plan to go on a vacation outside my apartment. I know this is tough sell for those of you who know me but I’m really set on this one.  Tentative locations are Florida, Atlanta, Camping trip or Cruise, and One international location.  If you know anything about cheap tickets or have any recommendation...holla.
- Jan 30th:  Visited Philly on the weekend of 1/28
3.  Get my U.S. citizenship -- Bitter sweet moment.  But I finally decided to become an American, now hopefully America will want me.  However this by no means means that I will start like mash potatoes or anything of that sort.
4.  Become more financially savvy -- This is something I did a good job in 2k5 and I would like to improve on that.  Don't need to be rich to live well.
- Jan 30th - Came up with savings plan.
5.  Consolidate my web presence/revamp Makembe.com -- something nerdy.  If there is something you'd like to see on the site beside more blog updates, holla.
6.  Read 6 books -- I think I found out that I actually enjoy reading last year.  That was a huge discovery to me too.  Who would have thought?  But I have already started on this.
- Jan 30th:  Currently Reading "Time Traveler's Wife"
7.  Build Two Commercial Website -- This is tough one but I think it can be done.  I think it will help me work on my project management skill and give me practice on running a business and something to do after work. This is clearly another excuse to buy more badass computers.
8.  Be more organized -- I know kind of vague.  Again this something I highly improved upon last year but I think there is more room for improvement.  It helps with planning and stress.  And clearly a reason to get more electronic gadgets (i.e. new smart phone...taking suggestion for those of you who have one)
9.  Gain 10lbs -- There is no reason why Brady Quinn is bigger than me.  Enough said.
10.  Last but not least, make a 5 yr plan -- I think it's about time I start planning a little ahead. Clearly living month to month & year to year planning is no longer so smooth.

Of course they are smaller goals and more details on how to accomplish the ones that've listed here. But i won't bore with the deatails.

No comments: