Monday, January 30, 2006

Philly Weekend

I finally got a chance to leave DC this weekend for the first time in a long time. My first destiniation of 2K6 was the great town of Philly. The girl took me to my first Ice hokey game. Flyers vs. Tampa Bay. The new rules of the game are little foggy but I will brush up on those during the upcoming olympics.The game was pretty hot except the flyers got dominated by by Tampa Bay. The final score was something like 6 - 0. The philly fans lived up to their hype of being absolutely ruthless. I think they were Booing their own team by halftime. And most of them left with 12 minuters left in the third periond (granted the score was 4 - 0). After the game, met up with the girl's parents for dinner. I've done the meeting of the parents before, but that was on my own turf and on my terms. To Meet parents on neutral turf is just another ball game right there. I'm hoping everything went fine. The one rub was that her dad was a republican, and clearly i'm not one. And of course i can't keep my mouth when it comes to politics (Damn NPR). And of course a trip to philly is not complete without cheesesteak. No Pats and Geno this time. It's all good i'm make up for that when i'm up there this summer.


Monthly resolution update: Updated 2K6 resolutions

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Mmm, I'm hungry now for a cheesesteak.

I'm a Repub.

And I met all your boys on Sat when they came in.