Thursday, February 15, 2007

Al Franken for US Senate..Why not Jon Stewart for President

Apparently comedian Al Franken decided to run for the U.S. senate for the state of Minnesota(MN).  I don't know much about him nor where he stands on the issues, nor will I care until I think he is a real contender. Then again MN did elect Jesse Ventura as their Governor.  But the real question that I have about Al Franken running is "Why isn't Jon Stewart doing the same?"  The guy is probably as well known as any of the presidential candidates in '08.  And with the race as wide open as many say it is, why not?  A lot of people get our age get their "political news" from his "Daily Show" .  I believe he would actually get the 18 - 25 years olds to go to the polls. So I say Jon Stewart for president in '08.  However he should wait to enter the race till after everyone experiences Obama fatigue.

Does this remind anyone else of the movie Man of the year?

No comments: