Friday, February 23, 2007

Currently Listening to...

Strange & BeautifulWhile watching Grey's yesterday, I was surprised by how little music the was in the episode.  However, as always, Damien Rice made the cut. At this point I believe he has a contract signed with them.  He most likely has the most appearances by any artist on the show so far.  But of course I'm making up that stat.  I digress.  Although I appreciate Damien Rice as much as the next fan, the song that caught my attention last night was The Lake by Aqualung a.k.a Matt Hales.  I went on the a search this morning but could not find the song through legal means.  I soon discovered that the reason I couldn't find it was because the album, titled Memory Man, with that song is yet to be released.  Apparently it's not coming out till March 13.  I decided to listen to some  his stuff that was already out and legally available.  I was pleasantly surprised by his latest full album titled Strange & Beautiful.  I think most people have heard the first track on the album but the rest is also pretty solid.  My favorite tack on the album was Track #4, titled Better than Sunshine.  Rhapsody lists Aqualung under Brit Rock although I believe he should be listed on under singer/songwriter.  Coldplay is listed as one his contemporaries so you know it's has to be good.  Check it out and let me know you what you think.

No comments: