Friday, March 02, 2007

Currently listening to...

Judge says:

High SocietyThis week's installment of "Currently Listening to..." is a recommendation from another friend whose cd collection I would gladly trade for mine.  The Bees (U.S.) 2006 release "High Society" is rated as Power Pop by Rhapsody, a rating that makes absolutely no sense to me.  I really can't tell power pop apart from most adult alternative.  I guess it's pop music that rocks a little bit.  Maybe more drums?  The first two songs sound more like the Eagles than anything else and the third is reminiscent of some Beach Boys songs.  Their best song, Imaginary Girl, I suspect is secretly a Beatles song.  Fun fact: The Bees is also a band in England and so The Bees ( U.S.) is their official band name.  You can visit them at www.beesmusic.com.  I'd probably spend the money on this album.

No comments: