Friday, April 06, 2007

Currently Listening too...

Timbaland I can't remember the last time Timbaland released an album.  So when I saw that he was dropping a new album titled "Shock value" this week, I was all about it.  Since the last album he dropped, he's made beats for Justin Timberlake, Bubba Sparxxx, Nelly Furtado, and countless others.  Listening to this album, the beats lived up to the hype.  They showchase Timbaland's genius for creating beats and bringing together different style, cultures and make work well  to together. However, lyrically, this was not his strongest outing. For the most part, he sings the chorus and seems to be guest artist on most of the tracks.  I guess no one ever loved him for his lyrics.  For those of you who can't get enough of Timberlake , you can find him on most of tracks.   I can seem a one or two club bangers on the album but not much more.  I was quite disappointed. I would not by the album but my favorite tracks are:

  1. Oh Timbaland
  2. Bombay
  3. Apologize
  4. Give to me.

Rhapsody says:

By 2007, Timbaland got dance-flavored pop down to a science: giant, jittery bass lines; loose, snaking melodies; a guest roster that included some of the biggest names in music. Tim's sexy surrogate Justin Timberlake pops up on a few tracks (the best of which is "Give It To Me," where Nelly Furtado stops by for a threesome), but the real shock will come later when the legendary hip-hop producer teams up with Fall Out Boy ("One and Only"), the Hives ("Throw It on Me") and Elton John (the surprisingly decent "2 Man Show").

[ Sam Chennault ]

If you've listned to the album, what did you think of it?

No comments: