Monday, March 13, 2006

ACC Tourney - Finale

Similar to Day 2, Day 3 also started with a wicked hangover. Unlike Day 2, the M club didn’t have a breakfast for us. Since most Terps fans had left after the abysmal loss to B.C., it is understandable why they didn’t have breakfast. Denny’s hit the spot just as well as resort’s breakfast. We then headed to the Arena to see the Duke game. As much as I dislike J.J. Redick and his sappy poetry, he is amazing to watch. I’m considering rooting for him when he gets to the NBA. After the game we sold the tickets for the championship game.

That evening we had dinner at Bert’s Seafood. The place was rated best seafood in North Carolina. Although is NC really renowned for its seafood? Despite the very complicated and confusing menu, the food was great. After dinner, we attended another Gentlemen’s club. Can’t you tell there is nothing else to do in Greensboro? There I bought private dances for the other guys in the group as a thank you for taking me to down to the tourney. Who needs thank you cards when you got “dancers”? Again I was talking to one the dancers all night (I think sense a pattern developing here) while watching the ‘Cuse vs. Pitt Game. It turns out that this dancer also had a day job where she is manager and was just dancing for fun (I’m starting to sense a scam amount these dancer… or “independent contractor” as she referred to them). The other guys mistook my curiosity about why women dance for interest in the girl. So they bought me two private dances. It turns out I’m really uncomfortable getting private dances… who knew.
(in the middle of the second dance)

Me: Umm… Can you please stop?
Girl: Yea… Is everything ok?
Me: yeah.
Girl: Do I do something wrong?
Me: No… just not my style. Can you just sit till the end of the song then we will head back to the table. Thanks.
Girl: Ok.
I get back to the table say thanks and proceed to buy them more private dance. What can I say; I really want to come out on top of the private dance buying. Later MP bought me another private dance… this time I didn’t even let her start...
Me: You don’t have to do this.
Girl: Ok. Do you have a girlfriend or something?
Me: No. Told you this is just not my style. Why don’t we just continue the conversation we were having and go back to the table in a few?
Girl: Sure.
I know I’m sad. I felt bad about the money for the dances but really how do you say no to a private dance? I did get golf balls from the establishment… that counts for something right?
The tab at the end of the night was slightly ridiculous. And I had more dollar bills than I know what to do with (since I didn’t use any).

The next day we woke up and drove back that down while listening to the game. Overall good weekend. I Might be slightly “basketballed” out for a couple of days though. Now I have to get rich so I can to do it all over again next year.

2 comments:

Roar Savage said...

That's kinda sweet, in a weird way. hehe.

ghettodev said...

Or just plain weird... haha.