Tuesday, March 14, 2006

James Blunt Live

After a basketball filled weekend it was a time for some change, I went to see James Blunt at the 9:30 club last night. I have been going through a Rice/Blunt/Grey’s Anatomy Soundtrack(s) (Yes... I also watch show although it does interfere with Footballer’s Wives on BBC) music phase for the last couple of months. So when the chance came up to see Blunt live I was ecstatic but more importantly I was hoping he didn’t suck and I was also hoping that the place wouldn’t be filled with twelve years old girls like the John Mayor concert (that was slightly annoying but I had great seats). We got there at 9:30 (the girls that I was going with decided it would be cute to meet at the 9:30 club @ 9:30 pm), which was good because I didn’t have to watch some band I didn’t know of nor care to know about as of yesterday. Despite some annoying kids in front of me, the concert turned out to be pretty good for more reasons than one and definitely going in the books as one of the top 3 of all concerts I’ve attended. He played all the tracks from his current album and several tracks from what I’m assuming are from his upcoming album. I’m def looking forward to when it comes out. The best part of part of the concert is that in a weird way it kind of provided some sort of closure to the ex situation (hey I said it was weird). After a great concert, another chapter of my dating life’s closed and hopefully stays that way.

1 comment:

DC Cookie said...

So glad we agreed!!