Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Better Safe than sorry

"Results of the Torn-Up Credit Card Application
experiment show that a bank may issue a credit card when the
application is received on a taped-together form, so shredding such
documents is a much better approach."

[ Lifehacker]


The fact of the matter credit cards are a necessary evil.  If you don't have credit history, you don't have a credit score, and if you don't have a credit score you can't buy anything.  Paying in cash will work for a while till you get accused of being a terrorist, part of the mafia or a drug dealer.  Due some level of paranoia, I currently rip my financial letters, burn part of them (I know my fire engineer roomate is shaking his fist at me now), and seperate the rest in different trash bins around the apartment.  Call me crazy, but if a seven year old can have his identity stolen, I really don't know why/how mine would be spared.  Anyways i've been debating getting a shredder for a month or tow now.  After reading that article, I've getting one from Amazon.   Better safe than sorry.  This is the bad part about growing up.


UPDATE: G$' Thoughts the matter are here

No comments: